Today, we are going to discuss how to fix failed to install dependency error on Kodi. The most common issue which is faced by Kodi users while installing a particular addon is “Failed to install a dependency error.” There are two possible reasons for this issue: one is because of particular addon dependencies missing from Kodi, and the other reason is that of cache data. So, first clear cache on Kodi to quickly fix the problem. If you get the same problem again then follow the below methods to fix your issue.
How to fix failed to install a dependency Kodi error?
- First, open the Kodi from your device and select the gear icon which is available on the top.
- Then, click File Manager from the Kodi settings.
- Then, double click on Profile Directory from the left.
- After that, double-click on Database folder.
- Then, find “Addon27.db” from the database folder.
- After that, right-click on that option and select delete.
- Now, exit Kodi and reopen it. Then, the dependency error will automatically fix by Kodi.
If the above instructions didn’t solve your problem, that means some Dependencies are missing on the Kodi, and the solution to this problem is to install the Dependency on your Kodi. So, now we are going to see the instructions to install Dependency manually to fix failed to install dependency error. Make use of it.
How to install the dependency on Kodi?
- First, launch Kodi from your device.
- Then, click on gear icon which is on the left side top.
3.Now, click File Manager from the Kodi settings.
- Then, double Click On Add Source to enter the path address.
- Then, click on <None> to enter the path.
- Now, type as “http://fusion.tvaddon.ag” in the box without any mistakes and click OK. And then enter the folder name in the next space.
- Then, go back to Kodi home by pressing ESC button and click Addon option from the homepage.
- Now, click on the Addon browser icon from the top left corner.
- After that, click install from zip file.
- Now, scroll down and click on the name which you gave before.
- Then, select Kodi-repos from the list.
- And click English from the list.
- Then, scroll down and choose the repository which you need to fix.
- Now, your selected Addon is installing on Kodi.
- Then, click Install from repository option.
- Then, choose the repository which you want to Fix.
- Now, click on Video Addon option.
- Then, click the addon which you are going to install.
- After that, select Install button.
- Then, choose the version as 3.1.16.
- Now, your Dependency is installing on Add-On.
- Now, repeat the steps 9 & 10 and click on Kodi-Scripts from the screen.
- Then, select the .zip file
- Now, your Addon starts to install on Kodi.
- Then, again repeat the steps 15 to 18 and click Install.
- Finally, your addon installed completely without any error.
That’s all you’ve fixed the dependency these above instructions are common for all other addons too.
These are the solutions to fix the dependency errors of your addon. I hope we provide enough information about fixing dependency error and if you need any additional information then, you can drop it in the below comment section. Thank You..!